Are you stuck with ugly or outdated home siding? Make your siding work for you with siding replacement that’s in line with your taste and designed to protect your home from the elements.
Home Siding Types
Material is one of the first things you will need to consider when selecting home siding. Common options include:
- Wood – Wood siding is classic and attractive, yet it’s costly to install and maintain. For historic homes, wood can be a must-have material.
- Vinyl – Vinyl siding mimics the look and feel of wood without the maintenance. Vinyl also comes at a lower price tag.
- Plywood Siding – A strong, weather resistant siding option with a variety of finishes. An affordable & sustainably-sourced product that will last for years to come.
Factors to Consider When Choosing Siding
When selecting siding, factors to consider include:
- Appearance – From lap siding to shingles, there are many styles of siding. You’ll see your home siding every day, so you should select something that you like in style and color.
For a historical home, maintaining value is key and thus you will want to select a style of siding that complements your home’s history.
- Maintenance – Some styles of siding, such as wood, require regular maintenance in the form of painting or staining. If you want something that’s low maintenance, avoid wood in
favor of other siding types.
- Longevity – Siding typically lasts anywhere from 20 to 40 years, with factors from installation to weather affecting your home siding’s performance.
- Price – Since siding protects your home, always buy the best quality siding you can afford. Scrimping on cost can backfire if your home siding fails early, necessitating another
siding replacement job.
- Warranty – While manufacturer’s guaranties cover the material from defects, we also provide comprehensive warranties to ensure you are protected after your investment in home
Learn More About Home Siding Options
If you’re ready to replace your home siding, we’re happy to provide a quote. If you’re still thinking it through, perhaps we can help you with our free ebook on siding replacement. Learn how to select high quality siding you’ll be happy with for years to come and find a contractor who can install the siding properly so it works as it should. Grab your book today.