Roof repair and replacement is a major expense. When getting ready to hire a roofing contract, know these do’s and don’ts.
Do’s When Hiring a Roofing Contractor
- Do ask around and check references – Ask your friends and neighbors for recommendations of roofers. Then check references of qualified roofing professionals. That vote of confidence from your neighbor or a satisfied client can give you the peace of mind you need to hire a roofer.
- Do ask questions – Don’t just take the roofer’s word for it or make decisions based on trends. Take the time to understand your options and make the right decision for your home. A reputable contractor won’t try to upsell you and will take the time to help you understand the pros and cons of different options.
- Do get the job details written down – To avoid a headache, ask the roofer to write down the scope and timeline of the project. This way, you have clear documentation you can refer to if differences of opinion arise down the road.
Don’ts When Hiring a Roofing Contractor
- Don’t do the work yourself – Roofing is not a DIY home repair. Leave the entire job, including sourcing the materials, to a professional. We’ve had to come in and rescue too many homeowners over the last 15 years after they realized midway through the roof repair they needed help!
- Don’t wait until it’s too late – Once you notice your roof needs work, find a roofer. If you wait longer, your roof repair will only get more expensive.
- Don’t let price be the only consideration – Pricing is important, but do not let this be your sole deciding factor. The experience of the roofer, the quality of the materials, and the protection of the warranty all fall above pricing in terms of things to consider.
We hope you’ll choose Brandstetter’s KangaRoof when selecting a Cincinnati area roofer. We are a National Roofing Contractors Association member with an A+ BBB rating and a 100 percent satisfaction guarantee. Our roofing contractors deliver high-quality installation with straight forward pricing, backed by over 15 years of experience.
Let us provide a no-obligations quote for your next roof repair. Contact us today.